CS Undergraduate Assessment
Welcome to the Florida International University's School of Computing and Information Sciences Assessment page. Our goal is to continually improve the quality and scale of our education programs to allow us to produce graduates who are ready to face academic and career-oriented challenges.
CIS Mission Statement
The mission of the School of Computing and Information Sciences is
- to offer high quality BS, MS and PhD degree programs,
- to conduct top quality basic and applied research relevant to the field, and
- to serve the university, industry and regional community.
To be a leading contributor to the university's goal of becoming a top, urban, public, research university by:
- Continually improving the quality and scale of our education programs to allow us to produce graduates that are ready to face the academic and career-oriented challenges.
- Acquiring national recognition as one of the top producers of Hispanic graduates in computer science at Baccalaureate, Masters, and Doctoral levels.
- Being ranked among the top 50 computer science programs in the country in terms of competitive research funding.
- Serving as the leading enabler of multidisciplinary research and education programs in the university.
- Serving as the leading provider of information technology innovation and expertise to South Florida industry and community.