The Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Information Technology as a second major. This program is open to those students who are enrolled in and will be completing another Bachelor’s degree program or those who already have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Computer Science and Computer Engineering are not accepted as the primary major.
Information Technology BA degree as a second major is intended to augment a student’s primary degree.
All students must have completed the following courses (or equivalent) prior to starting the BA in Information Technology program.
- COP 2250 Programming in Java
- MAD 1100 Math Concepts for IT OR COT 3100 Discrete Structures
- CGS 2518 Computer Data Analysis OR CGS 2060 Introduction to Microcomputers OR CGS 2100 Introduction to Micro for Business
All students must complete all of the following courses:
- CEN 3721 Human Computer Interaction
- CGS 3767 Computer Operating Systems
- CGS 4285 Applied Computer Networking
- CGS 4854 Web Site Construction and Management
- COP 3804 Intermediate Java
- COP 4703 Information Storage and Retrieval
All students must complete two elective courses from the following list:
- CIS 4203 Digital Forensics
- CIS 4365 Enterprise Cybersecurity
- CIS 4431 IT Automation
- CNT 4182 Mobile & IoT Security
- CNT 4403 Computer and Network Security
- CNT 4504 Advanced Network Management
- CNT 4513 Data Communications
- CNT 4603 Windows System Admin
- COP 4005 Windows Programming for IT
- COP 4655 Mobile Application Development
- COP 4751 Advanced Database Management
- COP 4813 Web Application Programming
- COP 4814 Component Based Software Development
- COT 4601 Fundamentals of Quantum Computing
- CTS 4348 Unix System Admin
- CTS 4408 Database Admin
- CTS 4743 Enterprise IT Troubleshooting
All students must complete two additional elective courses. Students who are completing their first major concurrent with their IT degree must choose their cognate elective courses from a list of designated courses from the department of their primary major, with the approval of an IT adviser. Students who have received their first BA degree prior to enrolling in the IT program must instead choose an additional two courses from the list of IT elective courses.