Global Game Jam is the place to bring all your gaming ideas to life! Spend the weekend creating games and collaborating with some of the brightest minds at FIU.
The event is open to everyone: artists, musicians, programmers, writers, and anyone who likes games. Don’t know how to code? No worries – Global Game Jam is all about learning! There will be game development workshops before and during the event to help you get started.
More About GGJ 18
- You can make a game in any software or out of any hardware – you can even make a board game – no rules on what, just keep it clean.
- You can form a team of any size or join an existing team. If you really want to, you could also go solo – we won’t stop you. Teams can also help each other out during development. This is because…
- The event is not meant to be competitive, but rather a collaborative environment where new ideas are born. That being said, the winning game gets chosen by popular vote from all teams at the end.
- The brief time span is meant to encourage creative thinking and result in small but innovative and experimental games. There’s no need to have a finished product – just do something you’ll love.
- There will be free food for everyone who participates during the entirety of the event.
- No game development experience is required to participate; we’ll teach you how to code and 3D model at the event!
- At the end of the weekend, you’ll be walking away with new knowledge, skills, and a project under your name.
- For more information, please visit the Global Game Jam website at https://globalgamejam.org