Debra DavisAssociate Teaching Professor
Honors and Awards
- Nomination to Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, University of Texas at Austin (1994, 1996, 2004).
- Debra Beth Lobliner Research Grant, Department of Psychology, University to Texas at Austin (1995).
- B.A. in Psychology/minor: Computer Science (1993). Graduated with Academic and Research Honors.
- Nomination to Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, Florida International University (1993).
- Deans List (1992-1993).
2004 Ph.D., Cognitive Developmental Psychology, minor: Statistics, University of Texas at Austin
2000 M.S., Computer Science, Florida International University
1996 M.A., Developmental Psychology, minor: Statistics, University of Texas at Austin
1993 B.A. with Academic and Research Honors, Psychology, minor: Computer Science, Florida International University
- Applied Usability Studies and Human-Computer Interaction Expertise (2001-present)
- Program Evaluator, Read 2 Succeed 21st Century Grant (2009-2010)
- Principle Investigator for the All Stars Effectiveness Research Project, McGraw-Hill, Education Division (2007-2008)
- Invited to be a Board Member on the Collins Center of Public Policy’s Community Technology Advisory Board (2008)
- Grant Proposal Reviewer and blind Program Evaluator for multiple government and non-profit organizations such as the City of Miami, City of South Miami, Early Learning Coalition, and Columbian American Service Association (CASA) (2005-2009)
2010 – Present Faculty Associate, School of Computing and Information Sciences, NSF Industry-University Cooperative Research Center at FIU and FAU
2010 – Present Adjunct Faculty Member, Department of Psychology, FIU Research & Technical Consultant, CHILD ANXIETY AND PHOBIA PROGRAM
2006-2009 Senior Research & Evaluation Analyst, THE CHILDREN’S TRUST Chief Information Officer
2005-2007 Education Specialist, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, ADULT EDUCATION/REGIONAL OPERATIONS
- Rishe, N., Chen, S.-C., Prabakar, N., Weiss, M.A., Sun, W., Selivonenko, A., & Davis-Chu, D.L.(2001). Terrafly: A High-Performance Web-Based Digital Library System for Spatial Data Access. Proceedings of the 2001 International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 17-19, Heidelberd, Germany.
- Davis-Chu, D.L., Prabakar, N., Rishe, N., & Selivonenko, A.. (2000). A System for Continuous, Real-Time Search and Retrieval of Georeferenced Objects. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, pp. 82-85, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Selivonenko, A., Prabakar, N., Rishe, N., & Davis-Chu, D.L. (2000). Dynamic Mosaicking of Heterogeneous Digital Images. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, pp. 86-90, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Davis-Chu, D.L., Prabakar, N., & Rishe, N. (2000). Client-Server Based Real-Time Integration Of Remotely Sensed And Digital Data. Proceedings of the 1999 Int’l Conference on Imaging Science, Systems and Technology, pp. 499-505, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Davis-Chu, D.L., Alvarez, E., & Rishe, N. (1999). The Creation of a System for 3D Satellite and Terrain Imagery. Proceedings of the the 13th International Conference in Applied Geologic Remote Sensing, Vol II, pp. 329-336. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Davis, D.L. (1998). Creation of 3D Satellite Imagery. Proceedings of the Workshop on Next Generation Database Design and Applications, p. 48, Miami, FL.