Dr. He received his BS and MS degrees in computer science from Nanjing University, China in 1982 and 1984 respectively; and his Ph.D. degree in computer science from Virginia Tech in 1989. He has joined FIU in 2000 after spending 10 years on the faculty at North Dakota State University. Dr. He’s research interests are in software engineering, especially formal methods. He is an internationally known expert on Petri nets. He has published 150 papers in international journals and conferences, and served on more than 80 international conference program committees. He serves on the editorial board of the Transactions on Petri Nets and Other Concurrency Models and several other journals. His research has been funded several major federal agencies including NSF, NASA, ONR, AFRL, and DOE. Dr. He has been a major adviser of 14 Ph.D. and 36 MS graduates.
Honors and Awards
(1) Annual Faculty Service Excellence Award, School of Computing and Information Sciences, FIU, 2013.
(2) Annual Faculty Research Excellence Award, School of Computing and Information Sciences, FIU, 2009.
(3) Excellence in Faculty Scholarship, FIU, 2008.
(4) Executive Dean’s Award in Service, College of Engineering and Computing, 2006.
(5) Best Paper Nomination, The 6th International Conference on Web Engineering, 2006.
(6) The top 15 scholars in Systems and Software Engineering worldwide during 1999 – 2003, Journal of Systems and Software, 2005.
(7) FIU Faculty Award for Excellence in Research, 2005.
(8) Annual Faculty Service Excellence Award, School of Computing and Information Sciences, FIU, 2005.
(9) Annual Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, School of Computer Science, FIU, 2003.
(10) Best Paper Award, The 11th International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering, 1999.
(11) Who’s Who in Information Technology, 1997.
(12) Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 1995.
(13) Research Initiation Award, NSF, 1993.
(14) Who’s Who Among Young American Professionals, 1992
(1) X. He: “A Comprehensive Survey of Petri Net Modeling in Software Engineering”, International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering – IJSEKE, vol. 23, no. 5, 2013, 589-626.
(2) X. He, H. Yu, T. Shi, J. Ding, and Y. Deng: “Formally Analyzing Software Architectural Specifications Using SAM”, Journal of Systems and Software, vol.71, no.1-2, 2004, 11-29.
(3) D. Xu, X. He, and Y. Deng: “Schedulability Analysis of Real-Time Systems Using Time Petri Nets”, IEEE Transaction on Software Engineering, vol.28, no.10, 2002, 984-996.
(4) X. He and Y. Deng: “A Framework for Developing and Analyzing Software Architecture Specifications in SAM”, The Computer Journal, vol.45, no.1, 2002, 111-128.
(5) X. He: “A Formal Definition of Hierarchical Predicate Transition Nets”, Proc. of the 17th International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets (ICATPN’96), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1091, Osaka, Japan, 1996, 212-229.