Michael RobinsonAssociate Teaching Professor
Honors and Awards
- Eta Kappa Nu Honors Society member
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society member
- Cyberbridges CIARA $5,000.00 Fellowship, 2008
- MBRS Graduate Research Assistantship, 2007
Research and Educational Interests
Bioinformatics, Genomic Databases, Data Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributed Systems, Virtual Machines
2007 M.S., Computer Science, Florida International University
2005 B.S., Computer Science, Florida International University
- April 2014 – Present, Founder of Hardware Lab FIU ECS256
- Jan 2014 – Present, FIU SCIS Liaison to Dade and Broward Counties Public, Charter and Private High Schools – Dual Enrollment Program.
- Aug 2013 – Present, Full time Faculty at Florida International University, Computing and Information Sciences.
- Jan 2012 – Present, MDC – Teaching at Department of Computer Information Systems.
- Jan 2011 – Present, FIU – Teaching at School of Computer Science and School of Engineering.
- Summer 2005 – Present, Computer Science Graduate Research.
- August 1984 – Present, Digital Micro Systems Corp. President-Owner.
Computer Consulting Company servicing the Insurance Industry providing computer Networking and Telephone systems, Computer and Software assembly and maintenance. Training Customer’s employees.
- February 1984-July 1984, Yakon International Miami, General Manager.
Open up Miami office representing Fujitsu Micro Electronics to distribute and service the new Fujitsu Micro Computers to compete with the recently released IBM PC.
- 1983 Miami Dade Community College.
Lab Instructor, Introduction to Computer Science (Basic). Weekly grading of programs, and in-class discussions of programs in the Computer Science Laboratory. Two semesters.
- 1981-1984, Miami Dade Community College, Accounting Department.
- Towards Finding Unknown Genes: The GenomeProFramework. Michael Robinson and Naphtali Rishe . 5th IEEE International Conference on Computational Advances in Bio and Medical Sciences (ICCABS), Sofitel at Blue Lagoon, Miami, Florida, USA. October 15-17, 2015 .
- Discovering Unknown Genes. Michael Robinson. 31st Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference, Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport, Kenner, LA, USA. April 30th–May 2nd, 2015 .
- Grid Service Composition in BPEL for Scientific Applications. Onyeka Ezenwoye, S. Masoud Sadjadi, Ariel Carey, and Michael Robinson. International Conference on Grid Computing, High-Performance and Distributed Applications (GADA’07), Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, November 2007.