Florida International University Park – Miami, FL
Associate Director/Lecturer, Advising Center, School of Computing and Information Science
- Effectively planned, coordinated and facilitated functions to optimize productivity, efficiency and quality, with strong focus on the delivery of student services.
- Assisted students in evaluating their abilities, interests, talents, and personality characteristics.
- Monitored student learning; implemented plans for improving student achievement and success.
- Supervised, mentored and trained professional advisors.
- Performed other related administrative tasks for the College of Engineering and FIU.
Florida International University Park – Miami, FL 2010-2012
Visiting Instructor/Academic Advisor, School of Computing and Information Science
Department of the Attorney General – Honolulu, HI 2008-2010
Programmer/Analyst, Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS)
- Prepared data models, business process models, and data flow diagrams using IBM Rational Software Architecture
- Implemented the JJIS system using J2EE Technology
- Integrated systems development with similar information technology needs of other agencies.
- Prepared procedural manuals and operating standards
- Conducted user training at Collaborating Departments.
Florida International University University Park – Miami, FL 1994-2007
Instructor and Academic Advisor, School of Computing and Information Science
- Planned course content and methods of presentation.
- Established educational standards and goals, and established relevant and effective policies and procedures.
Educational Testing Service (ETS) 2002-2006
Advanced Placement Computer Science Reader and Grader
SUNY Institute of Technology, Utica, New York 1992-1994
Teaching Assistant – Information Systems and Engineering Technology Department, Taught Applications for Non-programmers, UNIX to Computer Science Undergraduates, and Tutored UNIX, Finite Mathematics and Statistics