- How hacking works and the concepts behind attacks over networks
- Finding devices on a network and identifying them with nmap
- Discovering services running on these devices and checking for vulnerabilities with the CVE database and Searchsploit
- Attacking web servers and web applications with Burpsuite
- Finding pre-made exploits and using them to hack into vulnerable machines with Metasploit
This workshop doesn’t require any previous experience – you just need to bring your own laptop and install Kali Linux ahead of time in VirtualBox. We’ll also serve snacks and refreshments, as well as give away lots of cool swag!
This workshop is part of the UPE InfoTech program and is sponsored by Cisco. FIU Honors College students will receive 3 Honors Points for attending the event.
Space is limited, so make sure to RSVP!