Liting Hu got her PhD degree in Computer Science at Georgia Institute of Technology. Before that, she completed her undergraduate degree in Computer Science at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. Her research is in the general area of distributed systems and its intersection with big data analytics, resource management, power management and system virtualization. She spent summers interning at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Intel Science and Technology Center for Cloud Computing, Microsoft Research Asia, VMware, and has been working closely with them. Her work was published at top conferences like USENIX ATC 2014, SOCC 2013, ICDCS 2012, ICAC 2012 and Cluster 2008.
Liting Hu, Karsten Schwan, Hrishikesh Amur, Xin Chen. “ELF: Efficient Lightweight Fast Stream Processing at Scale.” In Proc. of the 2014 USENIX
Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC 2014), June 2014.
- Liting Hu, Kyung Dong Ryu, Dilma Da Silva, Karsten Schwan. “v-Bundle: Flexible Group Resource Offerings in Clouds.” In Proc. of the 32nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2012), June 2012.
- Liting Hu, Karsten Schwan, Ajay Gulati, Junjie Zhang, Chengwei Wang. “Net-Cohort: Detecting and Managing VM Ensembles in Data Center Systems.” In Proc. of the 9th International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2012), September 2012.
- Chengwei Wang, Karsten Schwan, Vanish Talwar, Greg Eisenhauer, Liting Hu, Matthew Wolf. “A Flexible Architecture Integrating Monitoring and Analytics for Managing Large-Scale Data Centers.” In Proc. of the 8th International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2011), June 2011.
- Hai Jin, Haikun Liu, Xiaofei Liao, Liting Hu, Peng Li. “Live Migration of Virtual Machine Based on Execution Trace and Deterministic Replay.” In Proc. of the 18th International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC 2009), June 2009.
- Liting Hu, Hai Jin, Xiaofei Liao, Xianjie Xiong, Haikun Liu. “Magnet: A Novel Scheduling Policy for Power Reduction in Cluster with Virtual Machines.” In Proc. of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster 2008), September 2008.
- Chengwei Wang, Soila P. Kavulya, Jiaqi Tan, Liting Hu, Mahendra Kutare, Mike Kasick, Karsten Schwan, Priya Narasimhan, and Rajeev Gandhi, “Performance Troubleshooting in Data Centers: An Annotated Bibliography.” In ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, Volume 47 Issue 3, December 2013, Pages 50-62.
- Xiaofei Liao, Liting Hu , Hai Jin. “Energy optimization schemes in cluster with virtual machines.” In Journal of Cluster Computing, Volume 13 Issue 2, June 2010, Pages 113-126.
- Xiaofei Liao, Hai Jin, Liting Hu, Haikun Liu. “Towards Virtualized Desktop Environment.” In Journal of IEEE Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Volumn 22 Issue 4, March 2010, Pages 419-440