A minor program is an arrangement of courses enabling a student to develop a degree of expertise and knowledge in an area of study in addition to his or her major academic program of study. A student with a major that has a significant overlap with Computer Science must first obtain permission from a CS adviser.
CDA3102 Computer Architecture
COP2210 Computer Programming 1
COP3337 Computer Programming 2
Two courses must be selected from the following list (other courses may be accepted with advisor’s approval):
- CAP4641 Natural Language Processing
- CEN4010 Software Engineering I
- CEN4072 Software Testing
- COP3530 Data Structures
- COP4226 Advanced Windows Programming
- COP4338 Computer Programming III
- COP4534 Algorithm Techniques
- COP4555 Programming Languages
- COP4710 Database Management
- COT3541 Logic for Computer Science
At least nine of the credits for the minor must be taken from SCIS. Four of the minor courses cannot be courses that may be applied to the major program of the student.